Have you ever been inspired by a song?

I sing in the choir, so music is my thing. Even when I wasn't singing officially as a chorister, I've always had a desire for music and singing. So whenever I hear a song, apart from it's beat and rhythm, I'm usually drawn in by it's lyrics.

I get inspired a lot of times by lyrics of several songs. Especially when these lyrics continue to reach me or ring in my mind. What makes the lyrics of a song so special, inspiring and continually on replay in our heads?

For me, it is the message in these lyrics. When a song writer puts together words that must have inspired him personally or words sharing his experience, he puts in extra efforts and passion into singing these songs. These passion and efforts is what listeners feel as it strengthens the message of the song. 




For some other people, the focus of the song, the arrangement of the lyrics and the words as well as the strength of the chorus is what makes a song special to them.  No matter what draws you closer to a song, one thing is certain, music is therapeutic and as long as a song can do the therapeutic job of healing, consoling, giving courage, giving hope and lifting spirits, it is considered as good music. 

Think of a song that has been replaying in your head for days now...what is it about the song that is so special. Doing this will also lead you to appreciate every music better.

Over time and at different times, I've had different songs continue to ring in my head. But in recent times, this song by Simpli Michael has been on replay for me. Check out it's lyrics below:

"A lifetime of Ease"

Like the dew from the heavens
The rain from the sky
Let your mercy pour out on me
I surrender my cares and I cease from the struggles
Your rest and peace I embrace,Your rest and peace I embrace

Chorus

I receive all that grace has brought
I believe all Christ finished work
I enter a lifetime of ease as I trust You to take care of me

Comments

Popular Posts