What I think About Gabrielle Union's "Welcome to the Party"

Apart from the fact that the beautiful and ageless Gabrielle Union and her daughter, Kaavia James, have stolen our hearts from the start, we enjoy seeing their cute and hilarious moments together on Instagram. Now that Kaavia has inspired her mother to write a children's book, you can be sure of one thing, the book, "Welcome to the Party",will be an outpouring of affection and a mother's love. 

Illustrated by Ashley Evans, Welcome to the Party is inspired by Gabrielle's personal excitement leading up to Kaavia James's birth on Nov. 7, 2018.




In her words on IG:
"This is a very special moment for me, to write my very first children's book," Gabrielle captioned an Instagram post announcing the release of the book. "Since the birth of kaavia James ... I've been even more inspired to create stories that are not only representative of the cultural melting pot we live in, but also celebrate life and the fun, teachable lessons that come at every age. Welcome to the Party, will hit shelves on 5.5.20! This is my love letter for parents everywhere who are excited to welcome their bundle of joy to the party that is life." In another post, Gabrielle shared pictures of her reading the book to Kaavia. "Why I do what I do," she wrote in the post's caption. "Why I fight so hard. I want all our children to feel seen, respected, appreciated, and loved."

The book looks perfect for children within the ages 4 to 8 . You can preorder the 32-page book for $19 from Amazon or Barnes & Noble, which is offering a signed copy for the same price. 

Comments

Popular Posts