Its my birthday!

      So I woke up this morning, feeling great despite the harsh n dry harmattan. I know sometimes we see a birthday as just a day we were born, no big deal. Sometimes we want to celebrate but we get overwhelmed by challenges, ups and downs. I know we sometimes don't get what we want or what we deserve. But somewhere in our hearts we hope and wish that lots of people remember how special this day is to us. That someone somewhere will send us surprise gifts and cakes, that somehow we will have lots of love showered on us and lots of people to celebrate this day with.
 
  So well, today is my birthday and I've come to realise that a birthday is not just a day we were born, it's a special gift, a day that promises the gift of a new year, a new start. A day that reminds us how God loves us specially and how uniquely made we are.
 
    I'm grateful to my lovely friends n family that have taken the pain to celebrate this day with me and shower me with the prayers I need. Friends are really the reason we smile. I wish today never ends but then my days of joy will never end, urs too will never end..Amen.
     I look forward to more surprises today, gifts are anticipated too...looool... happy birthday to me!



Comments

Popular Posts