INTERVIEW WITH MR JAPHETH JOSHUA OMOJUWA (CEO, ALPHA REACH)



Below is a short interview with Japheth Joshua Omojuwa, a Nigerian blogger, public speaker, socio-economic and political commentator as well as social media expert. Japheth Omojuwa is also a columnist with The Punch newspaper, Leadership newspaper and Naij.com. Omojuwa's articles have appeared on CNN,ThisDay and other platforms across the continent and beyond. His works have been repeatedly translated into several languages including various platforms for German,French, Portuguese and Greek audiences. J.J as he is sometimes called is also the CEO of Alpha reach. The Alpha Reach is an online reputation management company with 10 years of experience in delivering top notch digital community management services to a long list of satisfied clients.

It was a great opportunity meeting with this amiable and intelligent man at the Africa Liberty forum 2018 which held at Eko hotel and suites V.I. Lagos. Apart from being smart and pragmatic, Japheth Omojuwa is full of insight.

 Read his interview below:

BSB: How did you get started ?
J.J: I started with the then popular social media, Hifive, My space and Facebook. I started doing a lot of writings on Facebook, then I started my blog, 9 years ago.

BSB: What challenges did you encounter at first?
J.J: Resources, I needed money to keep my blog running, I needed enough access to the internet . Also I've had to deal with bullies and people misrepresenting me.

BSB: Have you ever been harrassed by government for what you do?
J.J: Yes I got arrested for a regular protest but I was released. I have had threats from government too.
BSB: What about your family, do they love what you do?
J.J: Yes they do. They used to be scared about the whole thing but now they are no longer scared.


BSB: How have you benefited from social media?
J.J: It amplifies my blog and it helps me do a lot of public good.





BSB: Advice for young libertarians and young bloggers
J.J: Differentiate yourself, bring something new to the table and stay updated.
















BSB is an acronym for brownySays blog. A blog run by a writer,blogger, social media enthusiast and African students for liberty, local coordinator,  Ponmile Orija.
 Email: Ponmileorija@gmail.com,  porija@studentsforliberty.org
Phone number: 07060621882
Instagram: @brownySaysblog
Twitter:@brownySaysblog

Comments

Popular Posts