INTERVIEW WITH MR BRAD LIPS (CEO, ATLAS NETWORKS)



Below is a short interview with Brad Lips, the CEO of Atlas Networks Washington DC, U.S.A. Atlas networks is an organization whose mission is to increase opportunity and prosperity by strengthening a global network of independent civil society organizations that promote individual freedom and remove barriers to human flourishing.

It was a great opportunity meeting with this amiable and humble man at the Africa Liberty forum 2018 which held at Eko hotel and suites V.I. Lagos.
 Apart from being humble and kind, Mr Brad Lips is a philanthropist and he is full of insight.






 Read his interview below:
BSB: What did you do before atlas networks?
Brad: I worked for a couple of years in companies, I was into research and stock.




BSB: How did you get started with Atlas networks?
Brad: I took an interest in public policies and while I was running my MBA, the guy that ran atlas networks then, spoke to me about policies and the need for more people to come on board. This was 1998.

BSB: What challenges did you encounter at first?
Brad: We had limited people. There were about 7 people then and they had visas from other countries so it was tough ensuring stability and growth then but now we are about 37 people and we have reached out to other countries.





BSB: Atlas Networks fund a lot of projects and give a lot of grants, where does income come from?
Brad: Income comes from various sponsors, I take out time to meet with each of our sponsors explaining all we have to do and we get support from them.

BSB: Have you ever been harrassed by government for what you do?
Brad: No, we are not hassled by government or threatened in our country.
BSB: What about your family, do they love what you do?
Brad: Yes they, do. I met my wife through Atlas Networks, I have 4 kids , one is in college and he is interested in economics. I have a brother and sister who run an independent forum arguing for women's abilities. So yes, my family believes in the liberty movement too.

BSB: Personal challenges?
Brad: One of the most challenging times of my life was when my wife had cancer but I' m thankful she is fine now.

BSB: Advice for young libertarians and young people interested in government
Brad: Sometimes we think it is dangerous to talk to people from outside the country or take their advice because they don't know what we are going through in our own place but I believe we should reach out to institutions who share our dreams and aspirations. I also believe that we can work hand in hand to build institutions of trust in our country as well as a good system of government who can improve life and keep away government restrictions.







Note: BSB is an acronym for brownySays blog. A blog run by a writer,blogger, social media enthusiast and African students for liberty, local coordinator,  Ponmile Orija.
 Email: Ponmileorija@gmail.com,  porija@studentsforliberty.org
Phone number: 07060621882
Instagram: @brownySaysblog
Twitter:@brownySaysblog

Comments

Popular Posts