Its January 26 again!

1,2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, ,17, 20, 24, 26th!...........sometimes I wonder, why did I come out on the 26th? Why couldn’t my birthday be the 10th, the 5th , the 20th or even the 25th why 26th?
Not that there is anything wrong with the date I just have the feeling and the thoughts that there must definitely be something about this 26th of a date just as there must be something special about everyone’s birthdate out there.


3years ago, I used to imagine and plan what it would be like to celebrate this particular year which I have just clocked, little did I know that I will be too busy on the particular day even to snap pictures. The older we become the more our responsibilities increase.


I usually say this, that often times than not as our birthdays draw nearer we tend to overlook the fact that , that day is meant to be a special one, we get carried away by happenings around us, disappointments and hurt feelings forgetting that just as no new day is the same, no birthday anniversary is the same. One is a year wiser, usually as a result of challenges, situations, events and conditions which one has been exposed to in the past year, palatable or not. You are a year ahead according to nature and medicine, whether you have achieved more or remained at the same level. And there is something which secretly gives that excitement,that joy, that hope and that expectation that somebody somewhere will remember and recognize just how special you are and won’t be ashamed to identify with you and show you to the whole world.

Its January 26 again, its my special silver jubilee and despite all odds, the appointments and disappointments the successes and failures, the profit and losses, the tears and the laughter I stand tall to say God has been faithful, and I am grateful. Thank you for celebrating with me. God bless you.

Comments

Popular Posts