I love November


Why is the 11th month of the year so special one would ask? Although according to Gregorian calendar November was the ninth month of the ancient calendar. (November from Novem which means nine). A lot of people who are aware of my love for that month have asked me several questions, it is not as if I can provide a definite answer to that question. As a matter of fact this may sound childish and naïve but my first attraction is the name of the month, I like the pronunciation, the sound of it… there is also this celebration mood that brews in this month… the thought of the new year ahead, the thought of Christmas in December, the end to the rains and the birth of harmattan.

The weather is usually beautiful for sporting activities this month. Although presently since almost everywhere in the world is suffering from messed  up weather conditions, climate and season and especially in Nigeria where we now have extremities of weather, November has not been acting like November but anyways I m still hopeful. The month has not ended.

 November ushers in the realization that the year is coming to an end, farmers already know if their year has been successful or not.  According to some scientific studies there are claims of empirical evidence suggesting that November-born children are likely to be overachievers in their own fields. (every month is special in their own way).

My November born pals have constantly wondered why I take so much joy in this month, it is not even my birth month but I’ve come to realize that it is the month that gives the opportunity to plan and prepare for the new year ahead. Come to think of it, in December one is so carried away with the merriment and activities such that a handful of people complain of being broke in the month of January.
Bottomline, this month provides great opportunities , especially for good planners, even religious bodies encourage fasting for the new year this month. You might say it’s a psychological thing for me, you might not be total convinced with the little I’ve said but really I just love November!

 I LOVE JANUARY  too (smiles)

Comments

Etestifies said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Etestifies said…
Awesome. The messed up weather is just the same here. So unlike November. Like you've rightly stated, maybe It's high time I started planning for 2016.
Thanks

Popular Posts