Living off campus 9

Riike usually didn’t go home often. She didn’t have the perfect family setting, we all understood and really felt for her. This particular weekend she returned to school sad after having had a quarrel with her mother. Kunle had been more than willing to give her shoulders to cry on. This made me and other housemates realize that Kunle must have always had soft spot for her. She herself took to him and was going in and out of his room to hers, he likewise. To think that Riike had a serious fiancé and she still encouraged serious closeness with another guy was surprising.
_

I was of course annoyed and surprised. If Kunle had always wanted Riike, why get close to me in the first place? Why do guys do that? Kunle must have realized that I wasn’t really pleased as he stopped coming to my room and our relationship became strained. We hardly saw each other in the house and when we did it was just “hi” hello”. Activities in the house remained the same and somewhat boring. Wole and Laura still held on to their epileptic relationship, frequent quarrels and make up sex. Tunji still came home with different ladies, I often wondered, didn’t these girls know he had many of them at his beck and call?

_Doyin still maintained 'me and my husband/boyfriend relationship. She was always in the room with her boyfriend, cooking, playing doing all sorts. The only times she liked to talk was when she wanted to do amebo or ask about something. They all already quit asking me about Ife since they realised that I myself knew nothing more than they did concerning her. As for Timothy he was either , fellowship or reading in school. Bukky was always having lousy friends come over. At times she would have male visitors and lock up in the room without coming out.

I began to spend more time at my friend’s place who lived close,we were also in the same department. it was the only appealing option after lectures in school. Besides it afforded me the opportunity to avoid pests. I usually returned in the evening, yet on some evenings immediately I get in I hear knocks on my door as if they have been waiting for me to return. Some people can be unrepentant pests you know.

One day I just felt like totally sleeping over at my friend’s place. Since we didn’t have lectures early the following day. So I did, which was why I didn’t witness what happened that fateful day. As I returned home the following morning I was already hearing rumors from passers by and other students, I got to the house only to meet mournful looks..

Comments

Popular Posts