Living off campus 8


This series ‘Living off campus’ is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author’s imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead or actual events is purely coincidental.


As is expected, new sessions bring new surprises. It was already as if ife’s episode was closed as no one knew or asked of her whereabouts. I decided I was going to live alone since there was no room mate in sight besides I was done with and tired of roommate issues. The other housemates were glad I remained in the house, not certain its because they had so much love for me though. On Sunday morning, the second week of resumption, kunle knocked on my door early in the morning. I was surprised to see him that early, especially when we had only being greeting each other from afar, as per new housemates.

He then told me that ugo and uche already informed him that I was the only one in the house who attended the particular fellowship he would love to attend, that was a bit surprising to me but I decided not to make a big deal out of it, even when he told me he would want us to go together. I quickly dressed up and we left, as we walked on I felt a bit awkward as I hardly knew him but I still managed to assess him. He was dressed too casual for church, such that I began to wonder didn’t he have any better church clothes? Or did he think because it was a student fellowship he could dress so casual.

In church after about 30minutes, I noticed he looked pleased with the activities and I made up my mind to ask him if he would permanently decide on the church. Closing hours came, I waited for him to finish with the first timer’s meeting as courtesy demanded so we could go back. Up till now I m still trying to guess what transpired as that Sunday was the last Sunday kunle went to my church, he said something about it being a student church (as if he didn’t know before), he transferred to an Anglican church in town where church was 8 to 10am (no offence) and he got to church 9am.

My suspicions of kunle being a happy go lucky, lazy and carefree person deepened when Riike visited my room to discuss with me that she hardly sees kunle fetch water. Yeees….. he hardly took his bath (how did I find out?) he told me. Despite the fact that our church episode ended disappointing we still became good friends, almost more than friends too, that was when he told me about bathing being such a big deal. He started to talk about his days outside the country and how a bath wasn’t considered important there. Kunle was friends with other housemates too, he was also “generous”. Although Doyin, and Ronald treated him, like he didn’t exist, well does ones hardly regarded others except when they needed help. All the while I thought he was only interested in me but I later discovered I was wrong one day after Riike got back from home sad…..

Comments

Popular Posts