silver screen

Recently my friend and I visited the cinema,we felt like seeing a movie but decided to get to the cinema first before checking the listings. We later settled for a Nigerian movie not that we planned to watch a Nigerian movie as we've both been made to believe that you will have judiciously spent your money at a cinema only if you saw a foreign movie. But the Nigerian movie time was more convenient  for us so we opted for it.

Days after seeing the movie despite the fact that our male friends teased us for going to a cinema to see a nollywood movie,my friend and I knew we hadn't wasted our money. Accept it or not nollywood as come a long way and I can definitely say there is a whole lot of improvement. Personally I am a fan of good, quality pictures and cinematography. I have noticed that most of the soundtracks of recently released.
Nollywood soundtracks are much more in accordance with the movies.  About 80% of the actors act naturally and interpret their roles well,storylines are more reasonable too. Although we still have cases of repeated storylines from hollywood and bollywood in some of the movies, I am certain that there is definitely room for imprvement. Nigerian movie directors have definitely come a long way, I can  see so much  efforts being put in place to make movies error free right from yoruba movies to hausa movies, igbo movies and english speaking movies. Costumes are also it, its definite that producers spend a lot on costumes and make-up for their movies.
All in all, I believe in the new nollywood and if you ask me I will definitely love to see another nollywood movie in the cinema.

ff @ o_ponmile

Comments

Popular Posts