How I met my husband 2


The days passed and what I thought was just a passing fleet of emotions refused to end. Adeola as I had already known his name by now, refused to stop. Rather than stop, he intensified his efforts.
He became close friends with all the other guys I talk to in church and at school. That angered me, little did I know that he set them as watch guards over me. He kept knowing things about me, who wanted to date me and who I was considering dating. One day, I decided to "silence him forever".

Guess what I did.... I reported him to my mum. Knowing the kind of mother I had (God bless her soul), I knew he was in deep trouble. True to my thoughts, my mother made a big deal out of it. First she found out who his mum was in church and reported him to her, I still wonder what the scene must have looked like.

 The one I however witnessed was my mum facing him directly, as I watched from afar, I was almost gloating. But then I started feeling sorry for him. I then hoped that my mum would take it easy on him and just tell him off. It was years after that I realized that, that day, she encouraged him to face his studies and achieve something in life before thinking about a lady.

Anyway, that last resort did it. I was certain he hated me afterwards, I never heard from him again and to me I believed he had finally given up, until when my mum died.

 I received a call from him, he was trying to console me but rather than appreciate the call, I was irritated. It must have been really obvious because afterwards I never heard from him again for years.


 Then one day, about three years after, I received an annoying whassap message. I was in my 200 level in the university and it was quite annoying that someone would refer to me as "kiddo". 


The message went "Hi Kiddo..longtime... ". Because I was very angry, I wasn't really eager to know who it was. I tried to ignore the message, but when the sender pestered, I requested to know who it was and you can imagine how annoyed I was, to realize it was Adeola Shittu again.

The first thing that came to my mind was how had he managed to get my number? I had changed my phone number over the years and not many people from my past had my new number. I had avoided his messages on Facebook and I didn't believe he would come on whassap.

All the while it wasn't as if I remained single. I had guys interested me, I started dating in S.S 3 and if I am to count I will count about three relationships I had back to back, before putting an end to the whole relationship and dating thing. I was tired of not getting it right.

So I was single again by the time I was in my second year. I had a crush though, two actually. So despite being single, Adeola Shittu was the last person on my mind.

Well you guessed right, I insulted him and told him never to bother me on whassap again. Of course he didn't listen. He continued to send me messages once in a while with different phone numbers, he hardly used his picture as profile picture but he often used different drawings of people. This was how I discovered he was talented and he could draw. It was later that I realized he had been drawing right from secondary school and some of the pictures in the school's art studio had been drawn by him. I secretly wanted him to draw me and give me but because I still wasn't interested in him, I refused to ask.

I got to final year and I really started appreciating his talent but I still wasn't talking to him. He still said hello, once in a while but l never really encouraged him so his "hellos" gradually reduced.

Until one day in final year we needed to give our project supervisor a gift and someone suggested a drawing for her. I decided to make use of the opportunity and ask him for a favour for the first time. Guess what he did....he asked me to pay for it....



Comments

I_amState said…
Why do ladies behave like this?

Downgrading people even without meeting them
Kehinde Bashir said…
Wow! Interesting, we are all guilty of this. Soo happy for you my dearest friend. Cheers to a happy ending!
BrownySaysblog said…
@i_amstate Actually not all ladies are like that and sometimes we just don't know the right thing to do.
BrownySaysblog said…
Thank you dear @kehinde Bashir

Popular Posts