BSB INTERVIEW : Interview with Seun Adebajo Osigbesan

It wasn't so easy getting to interview her because of her busy schedule and all, she was recently nominated for the best actress in a comedy for the AMVCA 2017... thanks aunty Seun for granting this interview...




Seun Adebajo Osigbesan is  a nollywood actress, known for her impeccable role in the t.v series THE JOHNSONS she tells  us about her journey so far…..





Tell us about yourself

I am Oluwaseun Adebajo Osigbesan, am the 3rd child of 4 children. I studied “performing Arts” at olabisi Onabanjo University. I am a lover of God. I have a
 strong passion for acting, I also dance and sing. I love fashion most especially Ankara fabrics design. I love to be unique and I love to be real.

How did you get into acting?

I started acting professionally in 2010 with Kamsons and neighbor by Tunji Bamishigbin (the producer of PALACE) old hit series. Kamsons and neighbours stopped in 2011 even though I was a replacement for one of the major characters in the family. Kamsons and neighbor was a family series , I played the first daughter there. In march 2012, I went for tinsel audition , I got calls to come back 3 different times but wasn’t chanced because I was in my final year then in school. It was a sensitive period then in school. I graduated and luckily I got a 4th call and to God be the glory it was for a new production entirely
by Mnet “The Johnsons”.

How did you know you can act?

I discovered acting talent in me since childhood. I grew  with it, I had a burning passion for acting in me, Then as a child  I used to write a page story, 2pages story and would go call friends to act out the stories I wrote.

Apart from ‘The Johnsons” which other project are you working on?

Of course while I m still with “the Johnsons” I m working on getting fully into the industry away from t.v series alone.


What kind of roles have you performed so far, are you satisfied with them?

I have only featured in 3 projects and in all I have played the role of a daughter, I m not satisfied with them , compared to my passion for acting. An actor needs to be versatile not stereotyped . I want bigger roles, more  mature roles.


Who are your role models?

My role models are Genevieve Nnaji and Helen Paul, I want to be blessed just like they are even more. Helen Paul seems to me a complete woman in career, family and spiritually she’s got it all and I look up to her a lot.


What have you learnt from the directors you have worked with so far?

Nothing much from the directors and script writers for now, looking forward to more challenging scripts and directors.


Challenges

One of the biggest challenges I have is having to deal with my small stature and my baby face. Even though I am a wife and mother, I don’t get the respect from people because I play a child on the Johsons, so fans, colleagues and people generally address me like a child. The fact that I have a small stature and I play a child role doesn’t mean I’m one or I’m young . I’m old enough to be married and also to have a child.



Advice for upcoming actors

In secondary school I used to tell my friends and classmates that I wanted to be an actress and that my dream course in the university was theatre arts , today I have achieved it and I m practicing by God’s grace. My advice to aspiring actors and actresses is to keep saying their dreams, keep praying about it and keep working at it. It will surely happen. I have also learnt in the industry to be very humble and respectful, most especially senior colleagues even when you know and its obvious you are better skilled than a more famous and experienced actor, just remain respectful and loyal. That’s the fastest way to the top.



How do you combine family with acting
Combining family with work has been God’s grace and thanks to an understanding and loving husband given me by God .

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hmm, insightful.
A consistent dream is realized...

Popular Posts