My drug overuse experience


I got back from work very tired as usual but particularly very tired and weak that day. All through the week I kept noticing symptoms of malaria but I ignored it. This particular day I realized I needed to do something fast about my health. I was feeling body pains, headache, sore throat, cold and stomach upset all at the same time.so I spoke to my guardian who advised that I use malaria tablets and septrin. My sister told me earlier to treat typhoid, she told me to get amoxillin tablets but I did not then. so I decided to get all of these drugs now and use at intervals that night because of the way I was feeling. So I used all of these drugs within the space of an hour. Then I used piriton along with it to enable me sleep. So stupid of me right? I don’t know what I was thinking…

After 30mins, I started feeling uncomfortable. I was feeling whozy, dizzy, terrible at the same time. By now it was night and every other person in the house had slept but I couldn’t . I kept turning and tossing. I kept trying to sleep all to no avail. I began to regret using all those drugs at short intervals I kept blaming myself. I started thinking of so many terrible things, my mind flashed back to the various stories I have heard about using drug overdose, have I not signed death warrant by this? Was this going to damage any part of body? My head kept turning, as if I was moving in circular motions on the bed. I began to pray, I didn’t want to be rushed to the hospital, I tried to stand up but I felt like I was going to fall. I was like this for over an hour, then a thought came to mind, what if I managed to get up, get a bottle of water and drink, hopefully this will flush away some of the drugs from my system and the effects will die down gradually.

So I struggled to my feet and went into the kitchen, I drank lots of water, I also washed my face. I went back to the room and sat down waiting for what I done to have magical effects.  Well it did. After another hour I was able to sleep. In the morning , I shared my experience.  All who heard were alarmed and still advised that I do a medical check up. As for me I knew

I was lucky and favored you may say. I had learnt my lesson though.

Comments

Popular Posts