A big house


I walked to the giant gate, I didn’t know whether to press the bell or knock on the gate. I eventually did both, silly you would think but logically I pressed the bell at first  for what seemed like ages and got no response so I had to knock.

After what seemed like eternity she walked up to the gate and opened up for me.Tall and fat, her face was expressionless I didn’t know whether she was happy to see me or not. Her low cut revealed some grey hair, this was my second time seeing her but I still saw new features in her. she led me into the giant house after walking through the massive compound she told me to feel at home while she disappeared into the house.

As I wandered through the sitting room, I wondered why just one person will live in such a big house. She reappeared minutes later and told me she was going out. She showed me the kitchen which was like miles away from the sitting room, I discovered there were three other sitting rooms , one was even bigger than what I thought was the main sitting room.

As she left, a rain so heavy began. I started getting an eerie feeling, that creepy feeling you get when you are in a strange house all alone. I encouraged myself and as my stomach rumbled I found my way to the kitchen holding the noodles I had in my bag. I started to cook, I went to my room to get my phone and I returned to the kitchen in what seemed like a journey.

Back inside the kitchen I felt like I heard voices, I looked around, saw nothing then concluded it was my imagination. I continued again and heard another echo. Voices, was I hallucinating?  I began to panic just as I walked past the entrance I saw wet footsteps. Someone had come in. I was scared and immediately panicked. Who was in this house with me. The raindrops kept falling heavily.

As I rushed upstairs, entering the pathway leading to the ironing room. I ran into two young girls, it was sudden and shocking. They screamed! I was in between screaming and fleeing but then on realizing that I was the new visitor they were expecting , we all burst into laughter. They were the maids, they had been told about me but went to the market and had been caught in the rain. I was never told about them.

Comments

Popular Posts