You are not a failure!

My second week on camp, I was beginning to feel totally useless, having being denied by the popular OBS (Orientation broadcasting service) an opportunity to showcase my talent and be useful for 3weeks on camp, a writing competition which I was supposed to participate in cancelled and worst of all, rejected in the volleyball team. I was told that I had weak fingers and my height wasn’t good enough, I couldn’t feel any more useless. But just as I lamented to close friends and thought God was deliberately hiding me, I realized that, the fact that I was denied an opportunity to showcase doesn’t mean I couldn’t be heard or seen. So I went ahead to write this short piece and submitted to my platoon leader for morning meditation.
“Becoming successful is the desire of everyone. Even though they say success is 90% perspiration and 10% inspiration, success remains a thing of the mind. It is a conscious determination and will to do well. As they say when there is a will, there is a way. Having this at the back of our minds and working towards it gives the assurance of good success. But may I remind you that even in our life’s journey our determination, hardwork and persistence still get threatened by evil critics, envious people, some dream killer, negative attitudes are not left out. Challenges we are likely to face on the way are like checkpoints on our way to success, always remember that not every criticism is positive and aimed at improving you, discern the negativities in and around you at each stage of your life and do away with them. Hold on to your goals and aspirations, wake up and bring your dreams to reality. Remember that successful people remain persistent and positive.

Even though it wasn’t read out as usual, I had done something. Afterwards some platoon members started approaching me concerning writing for them and how to write. I was particularly happy that I was able to write outside of my comfort zone. My point exactly? If life gives you lemon make lemonades, make the good you can out of every situation. No matter what anybody says or do, you are not a failure!

Comments

Unknown said…
This is a great piece madam, i love it...Octomed writes from www.mroctomed.blogspot.com

Popular Posts