Living off campus 2

Ifeoluwa was half naked fumbling with her clothes, struggling and scrambling to pull her trousers up to zip it. Guilt written all over her, I quickly composed myself then I greeted Tunji who was carrying on as if nothing happened. I told her I was back before leaving the room.
As I walked back to our room, I couldn’t stop replaying the scene I just witnessed. What had just happened? As I entered our room and slumped on the bed, Ife sauntered in. I was so disappointed that I was trembling. ‘I m sorry you had to see us that way.’ She said ‘ but I accepted to date Tunji long time ago’ she continued. I felt bad, so I had been living with a pretender. No wonder Toye left the room furnished for us. Toye was Tunji’s friend besides Tunji could have paid. I was still lost in thoughts when she immediately started talking about one of our friends whom she ran into in school. I knew she was trying to bury the hatchet. It was a topic too embarrassing and annoying to discuss so I grudgingly played along.
After discussing other people’s lives, who was sleeping with who or who was dating who for hours, I had gotten over the shock a bit and Ife was loosening up too. We then decided to sleep for a while. We knew we still had to go out in the evening to get ingredients for stew. We needed to cook as we had been feeding on junks for days. Left to me I could manage till weekend but ife wouldn’t have it that way.
We had hardly laid our heads to sleep when we heard wole and his group of friends return. We both hissed at the same time because we knew what that meant. Screaming loud our names, wole began to bang endlessly on our door. How on earth did he know we were in? Then I remembered that in the condition we came in, we had forgotten to clean and pack in our sandals like we usually did.
We decided to play dumb, pretend as if we were fast asleep. So we kept mute. We heard wole contemplating with his friends whether we were sleeping or pretending. After a while they called us all sorts of names and left for wole’s room. We were used to wole”s abusive nature. As if that was not enough we had already dreaded him putting on his generator. So immediately we started hearing footsteps at the back of our window we knew we were done for.
Wole was so inconsiderate that not only did he place the generator behind our window, he refused to allow us connect to it.so that we only suffer the loud noise and terrible fumes without sharing in the comfort. As the generator came on in the scorching sun, sweat breaking out from our foreheads, we knew there was no more sleeping for us. We were so frustrated that I suddenly began to wish that the generator will breakdown.
After about an hour of tossing and turning on our bed, PHCN refusing to honour our desperate request we decided to get out of the room. Ife got out first and I heard her arguing with wole as usual over his earlier banging on our door. Wole kept on calling her names, claiming she was a stingy brat.
I came out too and joined them but for one reason or the other wole refused to continue the discussion. I noticed earlier on that wole and his group of friends kind of had an iota of respect for me, but none for Ife. For what reason I cannot say, could it be that they know something that I don’t know or perhaps they had witnessed the same scene I did today.
In the end wole had to let us into his room, which was packed full as usual. We plugged our phones and decided to relax with a movie which turned out to be short of interesting. Laura had gotten back too, she came into wole’s room with bum shorts and a sleeveless top . she was so scandalously dressed that I had to believe what Ife had said earlier. Ife told me earlier that she caught wole and laura kissing passionately in her room but I didn’t believe it. It seemed so stupid that Laura would date wole in the same house also considering the fact that everybody knew wole was unserious.
So when she came in and sank into his bed casually revealing the better parts of her laps, I knew something was definitely going on. She chatted freely with us and joined the movie. After about 20mins of chatting loudly, wole’s friends declared their leave and we knew what that meant. We quickly removed our phones before he went to put out the generator. By then it was evening so Ife and I set out for the bus stop to buy what to eat.
Getting back home, everyone was back from school. Luckily PHCN had granted our request. But one disadvantage that accompanied power supply was AK’s deck. We could barely hear ourselves in the house. We needed to blend our pepper. We usually saved money by borrowing Doyin”s blender. We had been promising each other all to no avail that we would buy a blender of our own.
Immediately food was served and ready at night we settled to eat, we were so hungry that we forgot to lock our door. Suddenly our door swung open and someone burst in………

Comments

Popular Posts